Developed and engineered by Arthrex, Inc. for orthopaedic surgeons and their patients, Orthoillustrated® is a leading Internet based resource for orthopaedic surgery patient education. Goal of the website is to help patients understand bone and joint related injuries and diseases and to let them connect with surgeons that are trained in performing minimally invasive procedures that are featured on the site.
Patients can use Orthoillustrated to:
- Learn about the anatomy of the body
- Learn how a sports medicine injury occurs and how it is treated
- Review medical illustrations of the anatomy involved in common sports injuries
- Watch animations of common sports medicine procedures
- Locate a surgeon who performs the surgical techniques featured in the animations
- Create personalized PDF folios with treatment option and surgeon contact information
A video tutorial is available that demonstrates how to navigate Orthoillustrated.com, find information about the anatomy of the body, review medical illustrations of the anatomy involved in common sports injuries, and search for animations of common sports medicine
procedures. It also shows how to locate a surgeon who performs the surgical techniques featured in the animations.
Orthoillustrated Patient Education